Sunday, September 12, 2010

Guam, Just Below Sea Level

Guam is an unincorporated territory of the United States and is part of the Mariana Islands chain. It is located about half way between Japan and Papua New Guinea and I was able to make a trip there during labor day weekend. Below is the bay of Tumon seen from the 19th floor of the Marriott.The morning of labor day was spent snorkeling in this bay, below are some photos of tropical fish taken just below sea level. Beyond tropical, I'm not sure what kind of fish these are, but we can identify them by color. Below is a school of blue fish passing through coral.In the photo below are two brown color fish kind of hiding in the coral, these guys were keeping an eye on me. Kind of looking over there fish cave I think.Black and white fish hiding in the coral.It turns out this crazy multicolor fish is known for attacking people, but they were cool this morning.These photos were taken by wrapping my point and shoot camera in a DiCAPac WP-410 case. The case worked really well, as in my camera stayed dry 100% of the time. Below are some black and white fish swimming away from me.I hope this coral can survive, global warming seems to be kicking up this summer...

1 comment:

Nana said...

Interesting ending :)