Thursday, February 14, 2013

Wall of Aichi University

Two train stations are within easy walking distance from my apartment, 5 minutes to Kurumamichi and 12 minute walk to Chikusa.  You can see the orange line through Aichi University, this was the shortest path to each station.
A couple of weeks ago, I woke up got ready for work and set off on my walk to Chikusa station.  But when I got to the point where I turn left to cut through the university, I was stopped by this large wall!!!  Aichi University ruined my shortest path to the stations.
I guess it's not that big of a deal, I can still walk around Aichi university, probably adds about 30 seconds to my overall walking time from door to train.  But still, some sort of warning would have been nice.
I wish I could have asked that guy standing next to the wall to "please, tear down this wall," in Japanese.
Quick update, they started to rip down one of the buildings next to the wall.
Sooooooo, I guess the wall was put here for my safety, but they better remove after getting rid of this building.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Have you forgotten about the wall and tried to cut through again?