Sunday, July 3, 2011

Garden 2011

I planted a garden this year, my second garden since 2009.Like last time I got most of my seedlings from a nursery in South Aichi called VivaHome. I transported tomatoes, cucumbers, egg plants and other things home on a JR train....I planted most of the garden in early May and assume it would just take off like 2009.... Just add water and * BooM * food. This year the garden seems to be growing slow but we have had weird weather. From May through mid June it has been cold and rainy (limited sun). But then in late June to now it has been HOT and sunny, over 95 daily.The pink rose-style-flower also came back, no effort.The weather has been really crazy, there has been two or three small typhoons that have rolled through Nagoya.Another theory is that the soil is not as great as it was in 2009. I'm considering what to do with the second half of summer, I'm thinking about adding some new soil and plants. There is still time to grow stuff! By early July though, I did start getting some vegetables... Time will tell, but if all goes well, I will have to research if Japanese government offers farm subsidies.

No comments: