Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Nagoya Cosplay World Summit

A couple of weeks ago, my father made his first visit to Japan and gave me an opportunity to introduce my family to this country and where I live. The day after landing in Nagoya were were off to Utsunomiya for a couple of days before returning to Nagoya. When in Utsunomiya I learned there was a large festival at the Osu temple and I thought to myself "cool, we can go see some Japanese culture!"

I thought the festival would be a traditional, people walking around in Kimono's, people playing drums and eating red bean candy... Nope, it was 2010 Cosplay world summit, or what is known as costume roleplay. Or what I called, my dad's first introduction to typical Japanese culture, check this out.

Dad waiting for the parade to start. Below are some of the costume's seen around Osu....Police officer keeping an eye on Osu templeRobot monster #1I'm not sure who they are dressed up to be.Old school pimp, I don't think he is actually wearing a costume or is aware there is a festival going on around him.Cartoon style...Kids dressed as students, this was kind of a typical costume.Robot Monster #2.More cartoon stuff.And of course every festival needs a rabbit....In the end, this was a really fun Party, everything normal. My dad's visit to Japan lasted for two weeks, I will try to post a few photos from other places visited soon, too.

2 comments:

Atticus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Atticus said...

FYI - The "Robot Monster" is Al from Fullmetal Alchemist. A very popular Anime/Mange