Sunday, September 23, 2012

Typhoon Sanba

This past week I was in Sacheon, South Korea and found myself under another Typhoon, this time Typhoon Sanba.  This photo is the morning of September 17th, about 3 hours before the eye came over Sacheon.

You can see on the map below, I was under the line between the 3rd and 4th (blue and yellow) dot from the top, by the time the Typhoon came on land it was really just a bad rain storm with some strong winds. But the $4 umbrella I purchased the day before was unable to survive the wind.
This has been a strange year for Typhoons, this is the 3rd of 11 named typhoons in 2012 that have made landfall in the city I happen to be in.  The other two was Typhoon Vicente in Hong Kong and Typhoon Guchol in Nagoya.  In previous years usually I experienced 1 or none Typhoons.

No comments: