Monday, October 12, 2009

New Recipes

I've learned a couple more recipes, Japanese dishes, kind of based on those ingredients most easy to get at the local grocery store. Here is my first attempt at making Gyoza, in this epic battle - the small flour wrapper is winning, refusing to conform to the pot-sticker shape. Look at that focus, but I think my fingers are to fat to make this kind of stuff correctly.In total, 26 gyoza were assembled, I tried to fold 4 of them in the time the other 22 were made.Yep, Ustunomiya style. On the right hand side of the photo above is two bowls of rice, each with salt but one with little fish and the other with Ume added. Ume is a Japanese sour fruit (simular to apricot or plum), the rice is being used to make onigiri or Japanese rice balls.This is the final onigiri dish, they are both really good and healthy. Please feel free to come over for dinner, I think I should be able to make this again!!Above is the Gyoza recipe.... good luck.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Looks good!

Demian said...

Really, even the little fish? In that case you better visit really soon, there is a lot of good food here to enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Cute dumplings!

Jean and Iain

cookiebeast said...

Love the onigiri dish ...